Thread: Need Proper Solution for Conflicker worm

Need Proper Solution for Conflicker worm

Hi,

I know today the worm called Conflicker spreading around the world has become a big menace .Also i Know this is a network worm that spread through the network. It stops sharing as well as we cant even visit Microsoft web site.It prevents automatic update service, Back ground file transfer and RPC services.what to tell it's a great head ache.Can some on tell me how to deal with this stupid thing

Any ideas will be brilliant !!

Re: Need Proper Solution for Conflicker worm

The following instructions capable of deleting Win32/Conficker.AA worm from your computer Download MS08-67 vulnerability patch, for your Windows version. Install MS08-67 vulnerability patch.Download Win32.Worm.Downadup.Gen (Win32/Conficker.AA) removal tool by BitDefender fromhere. Unzip/extract it. Unplug network cable. Double click to Anti-Downadup-graphics icon to run it.

I had this on our network at work,which causes shut down everything without turning the power off actually.I think which has to be verified by the TSF Security Team, so don't attempt it until they have said it is correct. ran our AV this picked the worm up, we cleaned our server's systems of the worm and then patched it with a Microsoft patch, the worm enters via a loophole in Windows server.I guess the patch you are looking for is this

I read over 9 million people are now infected with this..i think its one of the viruses/worms made the Microsoft themselves to annoy pirated users of their product.Did you notice Microsoft released the patch back in October 2008. Goes to show how many unsecured systems are out there.If you had automatic updates enabled you should have received the patch back then A good firewall also goes a long way