Thread: Super Antispyware scan taking too long time

Super Antispyware scan taking too long time

Hi,

Recently I have installed Super Antispyware on my newly installed computer. Its always taken, a ridiculously long time in my opinion, usually 3-4 hours but recently I haven't been able to do a complete scan, Super Antispyware scan taking too long time. This is the latest version available and I've just installed it. The scan got to above 8 hours and a whopping 600000 file items before I gave up on it the last time.Just setting it to run overnight is not really a solution, because it takes longer than that. Any recommendations?

Re: Super Antispyware scan taking too long time

Super Antispyware scan taking too long time because scans are VERY thorough, but within acceptable time limits. Delete your temporary internet files and cookies. Many application might be running or the pc may be slow.

Super Antispyware program is excellent for removing spyware. Heuristic scanning might be enabled, which usually takes longer. Although, I've never heard of it taking that long… disable the antivirus and run CCleaner prior to running any scans. I reckon you must have something wrong with the original version of SAS, so a reinstall should cure it.

Anytime a full scan is being done, you should always delete your temporary internet files and cookies to speed up the scanning process. Also delete anything in your recycle bin. if it is still scanning then just leave it. dont interrupt it at all.may want to start it before bed time then let it run, just unplug your Ethernet cable or disconnect from the internet if your worried.

I would say the program Super Antispyware has a medium memory footprint. But since most systems have at least 512MB of RAM, it's not an issue whatsoever. It’s a very decent scanner their is no all in wonder program for windows but this ones pretty good out of all I tested, malwarebytes and Avira are the the best in my opinion for windows based OS.