Thread: What is the best antivirus software for a netbook

What is the best antivirus software for a netbook

Hi,

I've got a Samsung Netbook nc20. It came with McAfee SecurityCentre preinstalled but a trial version. Which is a good antivirus, firewall and antispyware software for my netbook? Has anyone had any experience of it? Should I keep this or download/buy something else. Many thanks.

Re: What is the best antivirus software for a netbook

Panda is the good Antivirus for Netbooks 9.00.00. It is price sensitive, easy to install, extremely light on resource consumption and has been tested on the most common Netbook configurations. Detection has been increased thanks to the improved Collective Intelligence and new Panda technologies. Surf, browse, email or chat with your Netbook, mini laptop and ultra portable with complete peace of mind thanks to our ultra-lightweight protection.

Netbooks and Nettops pose unique security risks, especially if you use them for online shopping and banking. Running an effective and proactive antivirus is critical to keeping your identity and data safe from hackers and thieves.

ESET products use proprietary advanced heuristics to anticipate the behavior of malicious software to help protect you from undiscovered and emerging viruses (zero day attacks). ESET NOD32 is consistently recognized as one of the most effective antivirus products available today. In independent tests conducted by Virus Bulletin, ESET NOD32 has never missed a known In-the-Wild virus.

See the graph : here

I recommend Avast 4.8 Home. I use Avast on my laptop, with Vista, it updates daily and I have had no problems and its free, You can install Avira so that it's not constantly running in memory. That way it doesn't affect your system performance at all, and you can scan files when needed.