Thread: Local Area Connection Fail

Local Area Connection Fail

Hello , i Have Windowsxp Installed and Running on my computer ,The problem is that i cannot access the internet as whenever i am attempting to connect to the internet the I see a dialog box that states "Enabling..." but then changes to "Connection Failed" and closes. please Help me Thanks in advance ,I need to enable my Local Area connection. please help me Thanks in advance

Re: Local Area Connection Fail

If you wish to find your icon in the notification bar, then simply go to the Control Panel, after that goto Network Connections,there right click on local network properties and check the "Show icon in the area notification when connected " option and you will get the connection icon in the task bar

If you need to enable a LAN connection or High Speed off, proceed as follows: Right-click the connection on LAN or High Speed deactivated Internet connection that you want to enable .then Click Enable.

To open Network Connections, click Start, click Control Panel, then double-click Network Connections. A LAN connection is automatically created for each network adapter detected. If multiple network adapters are installed, you can avoid confusion by immediately renaming each local area connection depending on the network to which it connects.and if you want to disable either of the connection then Open the Network Connections. Right-click the connection on LAN or Internet at high speed you want to disable. Click Disable.