Thread: What is erorr code=dns_misc_error

What is erorr code=dns_misc_error

From last couple of days, while browsing many sites i getting problem. Has anyone familiar with the following error:

Bad Gateway
    The following error occured:
    [code=DNS_MISC_ERROR] A DNS lookup error occured.
    I thought the whole site was down but it seems it was fine on another computer. I am using IE7 on my Vista operating system.

Re: What is erorr code=dns_misc_error

Looks like a proxy/gateway error. I think you must be getting a wrong address from HOSTS or from your OS dnscache. Try cleaning out your browsers cache/temp files and then manually typing the address in. Do little bit troubleshooting. Click Start then Run now type cmd then press Enter.At the prompt type ipconfig. You should see an entry for the following lines: Gateway, IP Address and DNS. If you are not getting the same than you must contact your Internet Service Provider.

Open the command prompt and type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. If you get the address resolution perfectly than without using internet explorer verify the connectivity to the server.If you don't have another browser you can check that there is an open port 80 there and even simulate some of what IE does using your telnet command. Also try restarting your computer a few times, or unplugging then replugging in your network cable.

I'll try this steps and let you know if the error exist yet. Hope this works for me. I now really want to get rid of this error. Anyways, thank you very much for the quick and valuable help.