Thread: Windows Vista could not detect a dial up modem

Windows Vista could not detect a dial up modem

On my another Windows Vista business edition computer i was trying to create a new connection using Internal and Phone Modem. But i keep getting error message saying,"Windows could not detect a dial up modem."The internal modem driver is correct because the Windows Fax and Scan works when dialing up. So what can be the problem ? Please help me out of this error.

Re: Windows Vista could not detect a dial up modem

Probably i can suggest you to install modem drivers that support Vista because most of old hardware are not detected by Vista as it has many updates. The easiest way to do this is to go on Vista's website, enter your manufacturer and model no and download the desired drivers. Also try to reinstall the modem and enable the Remote access connection manager service. Hope the issue will be fixed. Do let me know the result.

I too was having the same problem on my Vista but fortunately i fixed it manually and easily. What is did is, i went to Start menu and typed regedit in the search line to open the registry editor and located the following folder:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP
    Here i just deleted the EAP. I'll suggest you to try this. In addition you need to enable some of the services administrator tasks. Just go to administrator tasks and enable Remote Procedure Call, Remote Access Connection Manager, Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and Remote Procedure Call locator . Thats it. Now Windows will detect the dial up modem.

That is all i wanted to know. I delete the EAP and also done windows update. And that was all the fix for me. Now my computer is getting the dial up. I appreciate all your help. Keep it Up