Thread: Send Screen Messages on Vista

Send Screen Messages on Vista

Hi,
    I was just wondering that there was a option in windows xp that by giving the netsend command in cmd I can send a lan message. But I am not able to discover the same in windows vista. Does vista has the same utility. Other thing my office has home network of 12 computers. I want to send message to a computer and I need a proper solution for that. Like yahoo messenger. Which can work offline and pass on messages on a LAN. Thanks.

Re: Send Screen Messages on Vista

Well the net send command will not work in windows vista. The operation system does not support that. But in that place Microsoft has added msg.exe command line tool. It work same as the net send command in windows xp work. This can be used as small command line tool that can he run from batch script which create a win32 message box. You can download the same from the post and use the auto configured command.

Use IP messenger for that. Buy IP messenger you can send screen messages to the network pc. It is like a small chatting software which need to be configured at both ends. It is a very lite package works great in offline mode. It can work in small and large both networks. Send a single message to all the computers which are connected to your network.
    Download IP Messenger.

There are thousands of tools on the internet which can be use for lan chatting. Just search of LAN messenger. I am providing you information on Outlook LAN messenger. The messenger is a instant messaging software which is designed to work on local area networks. It looks like a messenger and has many options like voice chat, remote desktop sharing, Microsoft outlook plug in, alter notes, etc.
    Download Outlook Messenger.