Thread: What is kaspersky kis.en.msi file

What is kaspersky kis.en.msi file

How to make KIS 2009 unattended (silent) install? otherwise How to skip scan for incompatible Software when installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 This is because i am getting this file been displayed whenever i try to update over the internet, so please help me how do i resolve this issue.

Re: What is kaspersky kis.en.msi file

• if you are installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 the folder \ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab Setup Files\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009\English with the embedded files setup.exe and kav.en.msi
    • By default these folders are hidden and cannot be viewed. In order to view these folders, go to My Computer > in the Tools menu select Folder options. Go to the View and in the list enable the option Show hidden files and folders.
    • Copy the files setup.exe and kav.en.msi/kis.en.msi (depending on the installed product) into the C:\ root directory
    • Click Start > Run
    • enter [full path to setup.exe file] /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1.
    • For example, if you are installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 under Windows XP in this case the command line should be the following C:\setup.exe /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1.
    • Click Enter to run the Setup Wizard.

Source: support.kaspersky

Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0 – is a new line of Kaspersky Labs products, which is designed for the multi-tiered protection of personal computers. Use 7-Zip to extract the original installer, Grab the .msi file (kis.en.msi) and create a WinRAR SFX,

Setup=msiexec.exe /i kis.en.msi /quiet /norestart
    TempMode
    Silent=1
    Overwrite=1

To register it silently, export your key from within Kaspersky (it has got this option). Browse for the setup.key and click Next. Next screen will tell you that license key successfully installed.

Extracting the files in the downloaded "kis8.0.0.454en.exe" with Universal extractor. Download latest English version of Kaspersky Internet Security and install. The reason you need to download again is because the previously downloaded KIS is a dutch version and it is slightly outdated. When installation complete, you’ll get a dialog box asking you to activate your copy of Kaspersky Internet Security select “Apply existing license key” and click Next. Directory which in my case is found in the following path:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8.
    Use the following switch " kis.en.msi /qb /norestart"