Thread: Security settings doesn't allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer

Security settings doesn't allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. I used Internet Explorer as my web browser. The problem is that whenever i try to visit any website, i keep on getting an error message stating that "your security settings do not allow websites to us ActiveX controls installed on your computer." Can any body tell me that what does this error message means? what i need to do in order to resolve the above issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Security settings doesn't allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to go to Internet Explorer Tools Menu, then need to select Internet Options, afterward select Security Tab. then you need to change it to DEFAULT, then try running it again. It will show you pop-ups at the top that you will have to click on to allow on a per site basis. According to me, pop ups more like Activex control bars, for that you need to right click on it, and say allow.

Re: Security settings doesn't allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer

Even i was facing the same problem on my system, to get rid of this issue you need to follow the below steps mention.

Explorer Script ActiveX Controls

• You need to go to your Internet Explorer.
    • Then need to select Tools.
    • Afterwards select Internet Options.
    • Then you need to click on Security.
    • After that select a zone - Internet.
    • Then choose Custom level.
    • Afterwards you need to Scroll almost to the bottom.
    • Click on ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
    • Then mark Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting.

Ig you want to remove an ActiveX control from your system, then follow the below steps mention.

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click the Install/Uninstall tab.
    2. If the ActiveX control you want to remove appears in the list of installed programs, click the ActiveX control, click Add/Remove, and then follow the instructions on the screen. If the ActiveX control does not appear in the list of installed programs, continue with the next step.
    3. Click Start, click Run, type the following line in the Open box, and then click OK:
    regsvr32 drive:\windows\occache\filename.ocx /u
    NOTE: drive is the drive letter on which the Windows folder is located, windows is the name of the folder in which Windows is installed, and filename.ocx is the ActiveX control you want to remove.

NOTE: If you do not know the file name of the ActiveX control (.ocx) you want to remove, you may be able to determine the file name by viewing the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) source of a Web page that installs or uses the ActiveX control. To view the HTML source of a Web page, right-click an empty area of the Web page, and then click View Source.

4. In Windows Explorer or Windows NT Explorer, click the .ocx file in the Windows\Occache folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.

Occache is the name of the folder where ActiveX controls are installed in all versions of Internet Explorer 3.x. The Regsvr32.exe file is installed by Internet Explorer and can be used to register and remove registry entries for ActiveX controls.

I am having the same problem accept that those settings are correct and it still gives me the same Activex message as before, their must be something else or something wrong with my browser or something any suggestions?

Which browser are you using ? If you already tried all settings mentioned above and still it dint worked than try to reinstall or update the browser. It will work. Anyways first let me know the browser you are using (If you dont want to reinstall), so that i can suggest you the settings accordingly.

publiccreate Guest

Security settings doesn't allow websites to use ActiveX controls installed on your computer

I also encountered similar problems

You can try to make use of some other browser to see if that helps is having the same problem or not. There are many of them available on web but the best that I can recommend you is the Opera. To try this let us know the result.