Thread: Dell 600m ethernet problem

Dell 600m ethernet problem

I have Dell Latitude d600 laptop, I reinstalled windows xp pro and the internal high speed ethernet needs controllers or drivers or something because it don't work it's a network adapter so I didn't think it had drivers i am new at all this. i had done it in my my desktop so when it was done it was good but my network card does not work i have checked device managers and it comes out in yellow question marks, what would be problem behind this yellow question mark.

Re: Dell 600m ethernet problem

Are these devices enabled in the BIOS? What do they look like in Device Manager? Dell Inspiron 600m laptops usually come with integrated Broadcom 570X Gigabit controller. You can download the driver from this link:http://support.dell.com/support/down...NS_PNT_PM_600M
    That particular laptop "usually" shipped with 2 network cards: a wireless card that was usually an Intel Pro Wireless, and a Broadcom 570x Gigabit Ethernet.

Thanks for your reply but I have tried installing every ethernet driver. In the device manager as I have earlier said there was a yellow question mark next to the ethernet and video and everything that would be on a motherboard disk.. all of them under "other devices".

The bios is pretty weakly set up but I enable Cardbus NIC and onboard NIC on the boot order because boot order is really most of the only options given. You need to right click on that device and click on the repair the device or update the device driver, the devices in the boot order will not help and will probably only slow down the boot process. In the case of the devices shown in DM, either the drivers are wrong or the installation method is wrong.