Thread: How to connect using Admin to Terminal Server on windows 2003

How to connect using Admin to Terminal Server on windows 2003

I have one Windows 2003 Terminal Server connected onto a Windows 2003 SBS domain server. I manage to get the enterprise licencing. when I enter the password to login to TS it asks me to have Terminal server user access permissions on this computer. can anyone tell me some information about the TS and even though i login to the system, it still asks me permission.

Re: How to connect using Admin to Terminal Server on windows 2003

If you want to switch Remote Administration Mode to Application Mode, you must remove and reinstall Terminal Services using Add/Remove Programs. If you define a Starting application, either in Terminal Services Configuration, a GPO or in the RDP client, the session should be automatically logged off when users quit the application. go to Administrative Tools>Domain Controller Security Policy>Security Settings>Local Policies>User Rights Assignment>Policy>Log on Locally>Add>Browse, click the appropriate group, and then click Add. Sometimes, this doesn't happen and users are left with a session which only shows the desktop background, without the possibility to log off the session manually.

Do you have terminal services installed in application mode rather than just administration mode? Generally this issue occurs because the administrator has disabled logon by issuing the CHANGE LOGON /DISABLE command. In order to to enable logon, use the CHANGE LOGON /ENABLE command.

Open Terminal Services Configuration in Administrative Tools, double-click RDP-Tcp in the Connections folder and click the Sessions tab. If we want to avoid these problems, but still disable surfing the Internet, we can set a proxy address pointing to your local Intranet webserver, or the localhost:

User Configuration - Windows Settings - Internet Explorer Maintenance - Connection - Proxy settings