Thread: How to remote set up SSH for Home Directory

How to remote set up SSH for Home Directory

I am trying to remote SSH setup for my home directory, can someone give me procedures on how to enable and setup remote SSH for a secured telnet session, this will be an added information for me, i know this is also possible. So please anyone aware of this please let me know.

Re: How to remote set up SSH for Home Directory

Here i will provide you little guide about how to install SSH Home Directory, Download the Cygwin installation wizard setup.exe from the Cygwin site and double-click on it. Most of the default selections in the wizard are fine. If the Windows XP SP2 Windows Firewall is used on a PC connected directly to the public internet, the firewall can be configured to allow SSH by adding a new port description in the Exceptions tab. Select a place to install Cygwin (recommended: C:\cygwin) and select a place to put the installation files (I use C:\cygwin\installation-files\). Choose an ftp or http site from the list and then review the additional packages you want installed. You must select at least the ssh package from the Net section (and the cvs package from Devel if you know you will need cvs); these are not selected by default. You do not need the sources.

Re: How to remote set up SSH for Home Directory

Calling the SSH server PC from a remote location is accomplished using the public IP address, as assigned by the ISP, For Win2K/XP right click on "My Computer", click on "Advanced" and "Environment variables". Add a personal environment variable HOME with value, e.g., C:\cygwin\home\nifty (or if you did the linking business above, C:\nifty). You shouldn't need to reboot, buy you may need to login again for the changes to take affect. If the firewall/NAT/router is configured correctly, the call will be successfully passed to the appropriate PC.