Thread: Unable to configure Mandrake NIC with Linksys router

Unable to configure Mandrake NIC with Linksys router

I have several windows based machines that connect without problem, so I think the definitions I have specified are ok for mandrake. I have just installed V8.1 of mandrake. I can't however ping the router. I went into terminal and tried configuring the gateway but that didnt work, I am trying to configure my NIC card in my machine to have internet access. I have a cable modem connected to a Linksys router and two machines hooked up, I went back into the mandrakeconf and went through the setup and it found everything and said it setup is ok but I can't still connect.

Re: Unable to configure Mandrake NIC with Linksys router

Click on the dhcp tab and the dhcp clients button. You will get a table of the clients on the router. Does 'drake' show up? Please also check whether netstat -rn shows exactly the same thing as route -n shows. Try ifconfig eth0 to see if the device is up and running properly.

With dmesg you can see kernel messages, and check also /var/log/messages You can also restart the network with /etc/init.d/network. You may need to go into the MCC network setup page and delete the eth0 connection so that you can start over. Also go into the firewall setup after that. After setting up the firewall, It will ask which interface to use. Make sure that eth0 is selected and not ppp+. otherwise please post me the whole make result from first error (the beginning is most important) and I'll try to find out what's wrong.

What would be the problem, Network interface card problems? because I am still getting a network unreachable error when i try to ping the gateway. I couldn't get the route add -net to work but as mentioned prior, ifconfig eth0 shows a configured nic. when i tried to do the route add default gateway, I got a network unreachable error. i'm gonna re-install 9.1 - and maybe MAYBE go through the 10.0 upgrade process again.