Thread: Need Information on rthdvcpl

Need Information on rthdvcpl

I had formatted my system a week ago and restored all the application. My driver cd was missing so downloaded it form the internet and installed. Other things is working fine. But a pop up appears at the system tray denoting that some realtek driver is not digitally signed. Then I run Hijakthis is which I found a file name rthdvcpl. What is this rthdvcpl service. Again my system is affected or not. Help.

Re: Need Information on rthdvcpl

RtHDVCpl.exe is a part of realtek semiconductor high definition audio system driver. The most common location is windows directory. It is not considered as a threat. The pop-up is not related to this file. You will need to upgrade you sound driver and it will go. Normally it is located on startup so it comes automatically when the computer is on. Though it not a critical component but it is not recommended to disable it. You can run a free registry scan to sort this issue out or just update you windows driver.

This file is a part of realtek audio driver. The pop up is due to missing file or corrupted driver. Just update it. And about the rthdvcp.exe file it not a threat. It is a control panel applet\r form realtek. Realtek is familiar to all. In simple words this file is a part of the audio control panel and hardware related. The file is installed by the Realtek software and it is not considered as threat. The location is system 32. So just leave it and update your driver.

It is not a threat. It is a High Definition Control Panel of Realtek Driver. By this file only you can access the audio control option from system tray. So it is recommended not to kill this process. It is in the drivers directory of windows or system 32. The size can be around 3 to 4 mb. It is not a Microsoft file but it is signed by Microsoft. The registry location of this file is - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. This file may cause some errors related to hardware but it not a threat to the system. And for the pop up issue go to realtek website and download the latest driver for your operating system from the download section. Here I am listing the location of file. If you find it in non-trusted location then delete it.
    • Windows Directory\rthdvcpl.exe ------------------------------------ Delete
    • Windows Directory\system32\rthdvcpl.exe ----------------------- Trusted
    • Windows Directory\Program files\%subfolder%\rthdvcpl.exe-- Trusted