Thread: Strengthen antenna power linksys WRT54g v8

Strengthen antenna power linksys WRT54g v8

Hello every one
    On my linksys WRT54g router with dd-wrt firmware am getting a better signal strength every corner of my home..but now i would like to share the connection with my best pal who lives a stone throw away approximately from my home.so increased the Transmitter power from 70 to 225 with minimal improvement. Is there any way to increase the range of the router to boost the signal level or some thing?

any advice on this regard..

re: Strengthen antenna power linksys WRT54g v8

make variations on your internal settings in your wireless adapter on device manager,you can find those settings put signal strength at maximum from the drop down list. If there is a power save mode option then turn it off ,Position of the wireless route should be place in a such way that the line pf sight should coincide with the antenna and the computer also you can in crease the level by Addition another wireless router,if it is same brand then more comfortable.....

Re: Strengthen antenna power linksys WRT54g v8

Repeaters do this job awesomely A repeater is much like another wireless router does not need any cables except for the power cable but it is costly,also you can have ethernet power line adapter,from all the reviews I've seen, quicker and more reliable than most wireless connections..high gain directional antennas,permits to increase the range of your wifi by concentrating the signal to one direction rather than concentrating in all spatial directions .

Re: Strengthen antenna power linksys WRT54g v8

orienting the wireless antennas horizontally,will make the signal to propagate more easily since the greatest signal propagation is perpendicular to the axis of the antenna.
    now Hawking Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster are available in market which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power....