Thread: Spybot won't Update Online

Spybot won't Update Online

My machine has infected with the lot of virus, i managed to remove from my e-machine, I am running Windows XP home, but one of the problem that unable to solve through direct online update. I can't get Ad Aware to update, I need to download the updates and need to keep it manually at the folder location, although I can get the updates manually, but the Spybot won't connect. Even my F-Secure anti-virus, recommended by my cable provider seems to have been disabled. I was planning to replace the anti-virus anyway, does anyone has any suggestion regarding changing Ad aware will not this problem again.

Re: Spybot won't Update Online

I removed F-secure that was out of whack and blocking all my updates. I removed it and downloaded the virus protection from AVG. everything works perfectly now, and to that Press "Scan Now", Check option "Use Custom scanning options", Check option "Activate In-Depth Scan", Press "Select drives\folders to scan", Select the active partition which is usually C: I was experiencing some problem with SS&D - no server available when I try to scan for new definitions. It will find a number of "bad" files and registry keys. Right-click in that pane and choose "select all" Now press "Next" again, this will start an automatic updates on.

Re: Spybot won't Update Online

First you need to Disconnect your updates from the Internet if there are any and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan. Run C:\MGtools\analyse.exe by double clicking on it. This is really HijackThis (select Do a system scan only) and select the following lines but DO NOT CLICK FIX until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now, When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt. It will find a number of "bad" files and registry keys. Right-click in that pane and choose "select all" If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report. Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply. Be sure to re-enable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.