Thread: Remote Desktop Protocol Users

Remote Desktop Protocol Users

I'm trying to find the difference between three users: X, Y, and Z logging in to a MS Server 2003 x64 via RDP. I have the server (and Terminal Services) set to Per User licensing, if that makes a difference. All have their RDP connectoids set to "redirect" their local drives to show as shared drives as seen from Windows Explorer on their respective server desktops: "C on X's computer", "D on X's computer", "E on X's computer", "C on Y's computer", etc, respectively on the My Computer branch.

X is logging in as the server's main administrator using the /console switch but is not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group. Y is a user with Admin privileges and is a member of the RDP group.

However, Z is a regular user and a member of RDP group, but even though the Connect Local drives is checked in the coonectoid, in Windows Explorer on the server desktop, we do NOT see "C on Z's computer", etc, but rather in Network Neighborhood, "tsclient\c".

Where would I look to find why and fix this user not having redirected drives show up under My Computer?

Re: Remote Desktop Protocol Users

RDC will not allow you to view a users session (unless you are using a terminal server and connecting to users terminal session). You will need to use some 3rd party tool. RealVNC is free and does what you require.

On the RDP client click 'disk drives' and ensure the Disk Drives is ticked on TSCLIENTNAME' under My Computer.

Zachary: I think you didn't understand my situation. Viewing another's RDP session is not the problem as described.

Barclay: I mentioned "Connect Local drives" is checked on the RDP client. And I don't understand you when you say, "ensure the Disk Drives is ticked on TSCLIENTNAME' under My Computer." Would that be My Computer as seen on the user's RDP server desktop, or as seen on the user's local desktop? And where in My Computer would this setting be found. I can't find any such thing.