Thread: How to deal with acservice.exe windows process

How to deal with acservice.exe windows process

I have recently purchased Logitech webcam to communicate with my sister, who stays overseas, it all works file, we use webcam for most of time, but i noticed that whenever i starts webcam to communicate, it get little slow, that i need to wait for little longer, and therefor when i checked in backend services i found that acservice.exe this dot exe file runs continuously, rest other exe's are familiar to me.
    so my simple question is that what is acservice.exe file, does this really slows down your PC.

Re: How to deal with acservice.exe windows process

ArcSoft Connect Service. Background service installed by the ArcSoft software which comes bundled with many PCs or TV cards. If you keep getting ACService.exe errors, you may have registry errors. to stop the acservice being run you may also cut down these service by clicking on Task Manager -> processes. This will also stop these services for particular session.

Re: How to deal with acservice.exe windows process

This can be related to WebCam, Scanner, or other devices. It's not a driver, just a software installed with the driver. File ACService.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files\Common Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 102,712 bytes, The program is not visible. It is a Verisign signed file. ACService.exe is digitally signed. File ACService.exe is not a Windows core file. ACService.exe is able to monitor applications. Damage to your computer's registry could be compromising your PC's performance and causing system slow-downs and crashes.