Thread: Why can't i log onto the internet in safe mode

Why can't i log onto the internet in safe mode

To perform some test in my computer I want to login to the internet in safe mode. So I restarted my computer and pressed the F8 key to boot into "Safe Mode with Networking". But if I try to connect to the internet, nothing happens, I am not able to connect. I did this several times by rebooting my computer but still I am not able to connect to the internet? So can any help me out and tell me why can't i log onto the internet in safe mode?

Re: Why can't i log onto the internet in safe mode

Try this! First go to Start then Control Panel >> Network Connections >> Local Area Connection >> then Properties
    See if TCP/IP is on the list, If it isn't install it.
    You can also try ipconfig /release Or ipconfig /releaseall then ipconfig /renew then ipconfig /all .

It might be also possible that WINSOCK could be corrupted. There's a repair process that has been mentioned, here's one website that you can possibly obtain a fix to get you running again. http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Trying to access the internet in Safe Mode with Networking is not a very safe thing to try to do. Your firewall and antivirus software may not work and you are liable to get even more nasties than what you're trying to get rid of.

Safe Mode is a special diagnostic mode of windows enables you to fix a problem which may be caused by your network or hardware settings. In safe mode, you have access to only basic files and drivers (mouse, monitor, keyboard, mass storage, base video, default system services), just the minimum device drivers required to start Windows.

Safe Mode with Networking uses a minimal set of device drivers and services to start Windows together with the drivers that you must have to load networking. I don't know this for sure, but I think Safe Mode with Networking was intended for starting a machine that is on a network, not for accessing the internet.

Why do you want to connect to the internet in the Safe Mode with Networking?

In safe mode, you have access to only basic files and drivers (mouse, monitor, keyboard, mass storage, base video, default system services, and no network connections). You can choose the Safe Mode with Networking option, which loads all of the above files and drivers and the essential services and drivers to start networking.

It's very likely that your Firewall and Anti Virus software won't start in Safe Mode. Connecting to the internet without these is ill-advised at best.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever