Thread: Antivirus tracked revsci cookie

Antivirus tracked revsci cookie

Hello,
    I was watching a video on a particular site. When click on the video to run it then a window popup asking me to install some update to run the video. I clicked on yes. After that when I scan my system avg shows up that there is some threat detected in my system. I scanned it. From that time I am getting a multiple junks mails in my outlook express. Every time multiple pop ups appear whenever I am online. I had scanned my system with spybot also. I want to know weather it has gone now. If not then what harm can It do to my system. How should I avoid such file enter my pc in future. Thanks in advance.

Re: Antivirus tracked revsci cookie

It is an big threat to your system. If your are using mozilla firefox then remove it by going to Tools > Option > Privacy > Show all cookies > Remove all cookie and if your are using Internet Explorer then go to tools > internet option. Clear cookies from there. To block such cookies so that your system cannot get affected in future follow the instructions. For internet explorer. Go to tools menu > internet option > privacy and click on sites. Then add revsci.com and ads.revsci.net/adserver in the list of blocked sites. By this the cookies will be blocked. For FireFox. Go to Tools> Option > privacy > cookies and click on the exception button. Same add the above sites in the block list.

It is called as tracking cookies. Normally they are not dangerous but some cookies are misused by the virus writers. It can be termed as spyware. The harm which can be caused by this that you will get unwanted ads, it records your personal data, it hijacks users internet browser, it allows remote influence to your system, downloads files without the users knowledge, distribute threats,etc. Scan your system with an anti spyware in safe mode. It will detect it and remove. Next time take care. Do not allow any pop up to install files in your system.

If you are using the Internet Explorer and Mozilla FireFox then there is an immediate solution. First of all always keep your firewall on. Keep your first up to date. Because prevention is better than cure. Then to permanently block such unhealthy cookies follow the below listed instructions.
    • Go to Tools menu and click on Internet Options
    • Go Privacy Tab and then click on Sites.
    • Now a Per site privacy window will pop up.
    • In that box type revsci.net. Click on block.

To block the same in Mozilla Firefox
    • Click on Tools Menu > and click on Options.
    • Now in the Options window click on Privacy.
    • Now go to cookies tab and click on Exceptions.
    • In Window type revsci.net in the address box and click on Block.