Thread: Anyone know about hpbootop.exe

Anyone know about hpbootop.exe

There is an file which running continuously in the task manager whenever I boot up my system. I am feeling this file as a suspicious one. I had tried to kill the process many time but still the file runs up. My antivirus is not detecting it as a virus. I had tried to scan my system with norton and then a free version of avg. Does anyone know about this file. What actually it is. Is it a trojan virus. Help needed.

Re: Anyone know about hpbootop.exe

It is not a virus. Neither a trojan or malware. It the file which belongs to HP boot optimize. If you had installed a hp printer in your system before then this file result of that. But usually this is not required. If you want you can kill only if you don't have the printer. Otherwise it will affect your system. It is recommended that it should not be terminated unless it is causing any problem.

Relax buddy. This file is just a laid back came out of hp drivers. It is not a harm to your system. You can run a free registry scan from the internet and fix if you have any problem cause by it. It is an part of hp boot optimizer. Means it initiates the launching of hp application at the time of start up. The default location of this file is C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe from where you can delete it manually.

Hpbootop.exe it a file which comes with normally hp brands. It is pre-installed in the system. You can launch a search process to locate the location of file and delete it manually. Normally it associates itself with the startup service of windows and launches at the time of windows booting. It is not considered as a spyware program. But normally you can leave file to run in the background as it can be linked to any program in your system, which can became unstable after removing it.