Thread: What is Khalmnpr.exe in task manager

What is Khalmnpr.exe in task manager

Hi,
    My system cpu is utilized more than 90%, because of that my pc is running slow. I had seen task manager .There is an unknown file called Khalmnpr.exe. I end the process which freed up my some system resource. If it is a virus my anti virus system is not detecting it. I tried to search the file manually also but not progress. I want to know it is what of virus. How can I remove it from the system. I had tried system restore also but still the file runs in the background. Help me.

Re: What is Khalmnpr.exe in task manager

I will recommend you to run a free registry scanner. There are multiple available on the internet. Download any of them an scan it if you had threat of virus. While on the other hand the file khalmnpr.exe is an file which is related to logitech mouse. It allow an advance configuration and diagnostic for an particular range of multimedia products. It actually does not required in the system but as a part of system file you must not stop it until required. If you using any logitech brand the you will have problem other wise go and kill it. Second thing don't worry it is not a virus or any malware. The only bad part is it consumes a too much system resource. The simple solution I will recommend is to update your system drivers. But if you feel any virus thing then scan your system.

It is an executable file which runs some configuration feature of logitech mouse. You can end it from task manager if don't required. But as a critical system component it is considered that you should allow it to run. It is something which you already have in your system. Normally people misunderstood the file because many virus writers write the virus in similar names. They disguise in the name of file and affect the computer. Simply by verifying the location of the file you can identify weather is threat or not. It is related to logitech hardware. As this file allows various option to configure the hardware. The default location of this file is c:\windows\system32. It is not considered as spywares nor a adware or popup related threat. It is not also trojan or worm.

Relax it is not virus. Your system if safe until you found any. Just calm down. I think you are using a logitech mouse. It is part of its driver. It isand kernel and hardware abstraction layer main process. Or you can say that it is a scoop on a Hardware Abstraction Layer service. Normally you will do not need to get rid of it. It is safe. It the file by which your system communicates to the logitech hardware. If don't have any then kill it from Task manager. It does seems to appear a security risk. The process server database register it for logitech. Just end process from the task manager and your some resource get freed up. Second thing it is and start up time so you can try to look in msconfig for the similar process and disable it.