Thread: Computer affected with 3Dtext.scr

Computer affected with 3Dtext.scr

I had downloaded an free screen saver from internet. I installed and then It was working fine. Then after some time I removed it. But even after deleting the file is showing the hard disk. At the windows start up I got error message that could not find the file. I had scanned my system but no virus detected. I want to ask weather is this a virus. It is necessary to remove this file from the system is it fine to leave it as it is. Suggestions really appreciated.

Re: Computer affected with 3D.scr

It is a virus. It comes in the category of worms. The security level is considered low for this type of thing. It is an automated virus which locate itself in the start up service of windows. The default location where it goes is the system 32 folder of windows. It is an harmful virus. If you leaved it inside your system you can expect your pc behaving unexpectedly after a period of time. Update you anti virus and scan it. If you see anything in the start up other than any regular applications then delete it. It is recommended that you run a registry tool. There are many free tools available on the internet. The simple solution to your problem is run a full system scan under safe mode.

Re: Computer affected with 3D.scr

The screen saver which you downloaded is a malicious software. Malicious software's means those which looks healthy but includes virus inside them. It is better if you get any free application get it from trusted source only for your system security. 3Dtext.scr is an scoop on Jermy.a worm. It is an network security threat. When you see this file on your computer that means your pc is infected with a worm called jermy.a. It badly affects your system performance. It is located in your hard disk in the name of jermy.a. Launch a search process of the name of this file and delete all the related files. Delaying in removal of this virus can led to a major harm to your system. Use antivirus like nortorn, nod32, etc. Update them and run a full system scan. You can also use the 3dtext remover tool. It will scan you pc and remove all threat related to the particular virus.

Re: Computer affected with 3Dtext.scr

It is a worm virus. Worms are most popular and easy type of infection for system. They stay in your system resulting in slow performance, information theft, etc. It creates it own copy and increase their amount. You can remove it manually by deleting the registry keys and file which is related to the software you download. Delete all the start up entries. Launch Task Manager and kill all the process related to jermy.a or 3dtext. scr. Delete the folder of software from program file folder. It is made in visual basic. It spread by sending itself through mails in outlook express or any other email clients. The files which are created is C:\Hahhahaha_SRPSKI_KOKAIN.txt. It is a text file. You can remove it by launching registry editor. Go to start menu > run > type regedit. In the editor locate the path - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Delete all the entries from here. It is recommended that in future if you want to avoid such threats always key your firewall on and update your ant virus.