Thread: What is 1.exe file

What is 1.exe file

I had a file in my c drive called 1.exe. I had scanned my system completely but my anti virus has not detected it as a virus in the system. It is an unknown file never seen before. I tried to delete it but no results. Does any can tell is it a harm to my system. Because recently I was having same problem. In my there were folder called folder.exe which was later detected as virus and cleaned by my antivirus. If this one is also virus then post some solution to remove it. Also what of file it is and its behavior.

Re: What is 1.exe file

It is an virus. It is registered as TROJ_SUA.A worm. It comes through internet and emails. I believe you had opened a mails from unknown source or any file downloaded from untrusted location. Well it is an smart virus. The main platform of this virus to effect system is via emails. It has his own smtp engine. This means that this type of email viruses gathers the email information of local computers without the knowledge of user and then distribute itself on the internet. For example you got an ecard. You opened it the virus enters in your system. Now when you send mails to any one the virus goes with it. It throws your private information to the hacker servers which are remotely in unknown places. It opens a hole in the security of your system. Now your computer is prone to an unexpected attack. It is a big risk to the system and must be removed at any condition. As there are many solution available on the internet. By getting any application from a trusted zone can help you to fight with the virus. I will recommend you get SpyHunter's Spyware Scanner. It is free version tool and works perfectly with any platform. It can eradicate the virus from your system. I think the anti virus you are using is not enough capable to search this thing and delete it. It will be best if your run the anti virus in safe mode. Because in safe mode the minimum services are loaded. Second thing you will need to take care that remove your old anti virus from your system for better results.
    Best of luck.

The file in your system is a worm. Worm is an most common internet virus. Its physical existence in the type of 1.exe. Means the extension is in .exe format. As your anti virus may be detecting it as a setup file due to its .exe format. It belongs to a worm category of virus. A worm is an self replication computer program. Mean it is designed to work on it own plus it keeps on creating it own copy. It basically runs on network by which it sends its own copy in the local system and to the other computers on the network without the users intervention. It cause an least harm to the network. Here it is an more elaborate explanation. Basically worms are designed to spread and accumulate maximum space. They never alter the system by which they pass through. But this does not mean that they are safe. They can cause some major disruption also. A payload is an code which specifically designed to do something more than spreading. It is designed to delete files in the host system. The example for this is Explorezip.worm. They encrypt the host file in a cryptoviral extortion attack or in other words sends your documents via email to the unknown servers. Installing backdoor is the most common payload for worms. By this zombies are created in your system which under the control of worm author. They are sometime refers as botnets and are very commonly used by the spammers. So here you can understand that spammers are the creators of this worms. Many worm writers are caught red handed in selling a list of IP addresses. And guess what they would be doing with the ip address. The crackers try to threatened blackmail big organizations adn companies with DoS attacks. So it better to get rid of it. Update your antivirus and run a full system scan. Then delete all files from the recycle bin. It is better if done in safe mode. Empty all temporary folders. Go to start menu > run > and type msconfig. In the window search for the names of services related to 1.exe and disable it. Go to start menu > programs > start up. In the folder delete from there also. Then again type regedit from the start menu > run. Press enter. In the registry editor window search for the name of virus and delete all the entries.

There are multiple ways to remove the worm virus from your computer and it is very necessary also. The prevention for this that use a proper and enough powerful antivirus like Nortorn Internet Security. It not only scans your system but also the incoming and outgoing messages. As any virus is detected it prompts you to delete it. Before you get the anitvirus perform the following actions. Firs using windows search feature. If you using windows xp then open my computer and press ctrl + F. And if you are using windows vista then go to start menu and there is an search box at the bottom. Type the name of the file in box and search for it. Delete manually by clicking on the file and pressing shift + enter from key board. If the files give error then do this in safe mode. Or run task manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete or ctrl+shift+esc. In the process tab see the similar file right click on that and give end process. Then try to delete. Second you can try restore your system to an older time. Go to start menu > programs > accessories > system tool > system restore. Follow the wizard and restore your system to an older time. Then the you can definitely delete the virus.