Thread: Shared Folder error

Shared Folder error

Im using window xp sp2 i shared my My Documents folder to the other computer but when i try to open the folder it always appear it said "\\PC\My Documents is not accessilbe. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions
    No network provider accepted the given network path"

i need to restart the computer (PC9) so that i can access, but later on

(\\PC\My Documents is not accessilbe. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions
    No network provider accepted the given network path")

it Appear again

pls. help me

Re: Shared Folder error

Do the following:
    • Start a command prompt.
    • Type "whoami" and press Enter.
    • A user in the form <machinename>\<login name> will be shown, open the Start menu, then click Run...Type "control userpasswords2" and press Enter.
    • Press Continue in the UAC window if displayed.
    • Find your login name (shown in the command prompt window) in the list of user accounts and select it.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Change the User Name (no, Microsoft is not at all consistent about their nomenclature) to match the user name on WHS.
    • Click OK in the Properties window, then again in User Accounts.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Yogesh Guest

Please note:
    Thread moved from Windows Software to Networking & Security.

Try this:
    Turn off simple file sharing (Tools -> Folder options -> View -> See simple file sharing (recommended)).

And disable network control access using IEE blah blah blah (start menu/settings/control panel/network connections/local area connections properties/authentication/).

everytime i want to copy a file to the other computer it appear

""\\PC\My Documents is not accessilbe. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions
    No network provider accepted the given network path""

even i already shared the folder to the other computer it appear again, so i need to do is to restart the computer when the computer started thats the time i can copy a file but later on it happen again, and i check the folder that i shared the foler i shared is disable theres no hand icon in the folder

then i figured out that everytime the folder i shared is being disable "no Hand icon in the folder" the sound also not working properly it appear (There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to
    Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Add
    Hardware)

everytime i restart the computer it work properly but later on as i said it appear again the sound and the folder i shared not working at the same time im sorry for my english but ill try my best to explain my problem thank you very much