Thread: Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride

I regularly keep my system on scan with my anti-virus system but this time i have come across an spyware problem, does Anyone had this spyware before because i have never heard of it i think its bad cause "AntiVirusOverride" but what does it mentioned "Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride", is it Microsoft has identified my system or any other problem is there.

Re: Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride

You just don't need to worry about these are just warnings from the Microsoft Security Center alerts that generally warn you if your anti-virus and firewall have been turned off or disabled for any reason, if you check in your security settings you would get an option where you need to unchecked so that they do not warn you.

This is just the warning message provided by the Microsoft and no need to think whether it is any counterfeiting erro or a bug. It is just information.Spybot-S&D only wants to bring to your attention that "someone" disabled one or more notifications in the Windows Security Center. here i will provide the code through which you could also disable this funtion.
    Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0
    Instead of that it would give you the notifications that your virus protection is not active or not up-to-date.

If you wanted to Remove it with Spybot, you will need to set up it's registry value back to its default so the Security Center will monitor the status again.These programs do also disable the Windows Security Center in order to take care of things themselves.