Thread: How to save Dial up network settings

How to save Dial up network settings

Hi,

I am using windows Xp, and i have my dial up network configuration with my isp. I try to save password by clicking to select the Save Password check box, on my dial up network but it is not saved. it always have to enter password. please tell me how to save Dial-up Connections in Windows XP

Thank you

Re: How to save Dial up network settings

You have to select a "Save password" located on Dial-Up dialog boxDial-Up connections to save your dial up password. The entered password is saved after successful connection, if the option is selected. After the password has been saved, it is not to be entered again.

To enable via registry key open registry and find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive, stands for the system policy, where you can enable and disable save password in Dial-Up connections. The "1" value enables the policy, "0" or missing of the value set the policy to not active state. When it is set to active state, the option "Save password" will; be hidden, and cached passwords will be lost.

Re: How to save Dial up network settings

There can be many reason for the, The user name contains characters that are not allowed in a file name can also create a problem. There is an articles on the Microsoft site which can help you in better way http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q148925/
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284269