Thread: Does trend micro clean winlogon.exe

Does trend micro clean winlogon.exe

Hello,

Yesterday i run a trend micro virus scan on my pc and it detect the Winlognn.exe as Malware. at the start up of my pc. at the start up of my pc it consumes 50 to 90 % of cpu resources. i also disable this service from start up, but disabling this application has no effect on the winlogon problem. please tell me how to get rid of it ?

Thanks

Re: Does trend micro clean winlognn.exe

Hi, trend micro is not that good, Install any good anti virus or a Malwarebyte and Make sure that it is updated regularly. also Check for Windows Updates and regularly updates your systems for safe running. Make sure to take advantage of this. Reboot when installed and return to make sure there are no others.

What operating system you have ? If you have Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 and the full path for this task is C:\WinNT\Winlogon.exe or C:\Windows\Winlogon.exe , then you may have the W32.Netsky.C@mm virus, or a newer virus. If you have Windows 95/98/ME then you definitely have either the above virus or a newer virus.

winlognn.exe is not a virus its a process which manages users’ logons and logoffs on your PC or Server. its a window which appears on your screen which allows you to logoff or shutdown, is the WINLOGON process. but make sure to check the path given by Snake08.