Thread: Access denied when trying to Authorize a DHCP Server

Access denied when trying to Authorize a DHCP Server

I am using Windows 2008 server and i had made proper setup adapter with proper subnet mask and all but today i am not able to get connected to my adapter and i am getting an message as Access Is Denied .I don't know whats the issue.Can anyone fix this issue for me.

Re: Access denied when trying to Authorize a DHCP Server

It might happen that by mistake you would have become an enterprise administrator to authorize a DHCP server, because it might happen many times some one changes your account setting, try to change the administrator and i am sure you won't get any message next time when you try to login.

To resolve this issue, you need to create an account in the parent domain to authorize the server. The DHCP administrator in the child domain can administer the server after the server is authorized or else try to follow the below steps:-

1. Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and select Active Directory Users and Computers.
    2. Now Expand your domain and click the Users container.
    3. Double click the Enterprise Admins group and select the Members tab.
    4. Click on Add and enter in the name of the user account you want to add to the group.
    5. Finally click on check names and click OK twice.

I am having this same problem but on a Windows 2003 server. I have added the local administrator to Enterprise Admins and still no success.

When I log on as the administrator for the parent domain I don't even get the "Authorize" option when I right-click on my scope. I also get a blank list when I click on "Manage Authorized Servers" from the top node. If I log on as the child domain administrator, I can see all of the DHCP servers in the domain.

Thanks in advance!

Now I have also gone back to the root server, logged in as the root administrator and authorized the child server both through "Manage Authorized Servers" and using the netsh command. Both indicated that the authorization was successful but when I remote into the child server it still shows up as unauthorized and gives me an access denied message.

When I try to log on from the root server remotely to the child server using the root server administrator credentials, I get the following message: "The system cannot log you on due to the following error: access is denied. Please try again or consult your system administrator."
    Last edited by Unreal76; 03-09-2009 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Added second paragraph

Hi Unreal76´s

Did you solve this? I have the same issue here and I would appreciate to hear anything that could help me.
    Thanks.