Thread: How to remove webroot spy sweeper with anti-virus

How to remove webroot spy sweeper with anti-virus

I have installed webroot on my machine and it is been since long time am using it,Now i wanted to remove it from the computer but unable to remove can anyone help be me how do i remove that from my computer.please help..

Re: How to remove webroot spy sweeper with anti-virus

If you wanted to remove webroot spy sweeper Go to Start/Run and enter regedit hit the Enter key. As soon as regedit window opens enter the registry key to the window HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/UNINSTALL

and then Look for any entries in that key that pertain to webroot or spysweeper and delete them. but you need to be very careful and delete only those entries and none of the others.

Also one of the easiest way to remove it from the computer go to control panel-> add remove programs check in the list whether it is available in the list if it is there then select remove option and click ok, this will safely remove all the components from your computer system without harming to all other components from the system, then check in the C drive -> program files-> check for the webroot folder is there if it is there delete and all the files will be removed from your system.

You could also try the SSCCleanup tool from Webroot to remove all its components.But this allows to be intended only for the versions below 5.0.1.2. SSCCleanup comes only with the product and cannot be found on the Webroot website. SSCCleanup works only under Windows XP and 2000. You may try installing Webroot again on your PC, and then uninstall it using above given procedure.