Thread: DSl work with limited network

DSl work with limited network

hi,
    I have DSL internet,but from last two days it is not working properly when i try to connect it page refreshes but won't open,connection is proper. i have also tried to restart my router and the pc but didn't solve.the streange thing is that same DSL line work on my another office with exact same setup.Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: DSl work with limited network

hi,
    look in your Network Connections > right click on the link> Status> network support. If there any error displayed? Iin the device manager > next to the NIC is a yellow exclamation / question mark?

"Limited or No Connectivity" simply means the computer did not get an IP from DHCP. If you check your IP you will probably find that it has an APIPA self assigned 169.254.y.z number.your router should be able to handle DHCP assigned IP addersses.If you bypass the wireless and plug directly into the router and still don't get an IP it is probably the router.If you bypass the router and plug directly into the modem, you need to configure a PPPoE connectoid for DSL. You cannot run plain ethernet unless the modem is in fact a router.

Run Ipconfig.exe utility with the /all switch that shows the TCP/IP configurations on your computer, if the node type may appear as "unknown."then EnableProxy key in the registry is set to an invalid value which may disable your connection.To resolve this issue, use Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) to locate the key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netbt\Parameters\Change the value of the EnableProxy value in the preceding registry key to 0 or 1, quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.