Thread: WiFi signal problem

WiFi signal problem

hi,
    i have toshiba laptop with built in wifi and Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router.I use "wifi defense" software, it makes my routers more secure but the problem is signal strenth is too low sometimes i unable to connect internet.is that connection issue or any problem with inbuilt wifi or the softwrae "wifi defense" that i had installed is affecting my connection?Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: WiFi signal problem

hi,
    did you try to restore you linksys router ? or change the interfaces? How far is the computer sitting away from the access point/router? Sometimes it might just be signal strength and/or interference.

therare are many possibilites that your WiFi signal strength is low :
    your wifi router is placed near another wifi router or it is near cordless phones and microwaves,which operate on the same 2.4-Ghz frequency.The signal strength of a wireless connection is one of the most important factors that has to be considered. If the signal strength is to low it can happen that the connection cannot be established at all or that it will fail while being connected. This can lead to all kinds of problems such as data loss or that the user has to enter data again because of the interrupted connection.

Once Wi-Fi defense is installed it scans your network and presents to you a list of devices (computers) and ask you if they are Friend, Foe, or Unknown. It gives you their IP address, MAC address, Net Name, and manufacturer. From that information you can figure out if they are Friend or Foe to allow them on the network. If Unknown you certainly don t want them. If someone need tries to piggy-back onto your signal a pop-up window will alert you and ask you if they are Friend, Foe, or Unknown. It worked on both my 802.11g and b cards. If you find in the future you want to change the classification of visitor (you were mistaken, or they just ticked you off) you can edit the visitor or delete them from the list.
    that means there is no issue with the software,it sounds like the security system is causing the problem. You may need to purchase something to extend your wireless range. You have options from a new antenna on the router to signal boosters. You can also try changing the wireless channel on the router and see if it helps.