Thread: How to test wireless network connectivity

How to test wireless network connectivity

My internet connection comes through a router and there are suddenly frequent disconnections from the internet after some long time of usage. Also, sometimes the network remains connected but still the internet is not accessible.

So I want to know in what way I can test my network connectivity and find out when the network is disconnected and then make a report of this. There maybe some easy way of doing this?!

Re: How to test wireless network connectivity

If your internet connection drops out frequently and your network towards the router is showing connected, then its a problem from the ISP node. If this is happening regularly, then you cannot do much other than complaining to the ISP or else changing the ISP. For disconnection of the network from the router itself, check the router configuration and cabling.

Is there any program available that can test the network connectivity and provide a report of it? I searched for such program but could not find 1. If such program is there, it will be helpful to track internet problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton.J View Post
    For disconnection of the network from the router itself, check the router configuration and cabling.
    Yes, I had doubts on the cable signal power. I shall check it then. I think I had problem while using a modem without router too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrack View Post
    Is there any program available that can test the network connectivity and provide a report of it? I searched for such program but could not find 1. If such program is there, it will be helpful to track internet problems.
    Even I checked for such program but I dont think there is any such program that can keep track of internet connection/disconnection and make a report automatically. Maybe you can make use of Microsoft Access for this purpose. You will have to manually input the internet disconnection times in that and based on that data, MS access can generate a report.