Thread: Is it possible to limit User running Windows Updates\Norton Live Updates

Is it possible to limit User running Windows Updates\Norton Live Updates

Hello Everybody,

I'm having two user accounts one with Administrator and second with Limited running Windows XP on my system. I would like to assign special permissions to Windows Updates and Norton Antivirus Professional, so that i can allow the limited user to run the necessary updates. Is it possible for me to do so? Kindly provide me the correct logical solution for doing it. Any kind of information on the above issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it possible to limit User running Windows Updates\Norton Live Updates

Try to install the program in an admin protected folder.Yes, Norton works well with users both via XP and through Norton. You can choose how you wish an XP user to have settings in Norton such as child or teen user.

As a rule you always want to use the lowest account for what the task requires. Always use a limited account on the internet.

If you are trying to limit your user account, then it will not let you add any files to the C:, except for C:\Documents and Settings\*Your user name*. So, it would not allow you to edit/remove or add anything to your C: drive.

Return to the User Accounts main screen, under "Pick a Task" select "Change an Account", and select your current login account, which will be the default installation account with administrative privileges. On the account editing screen that appears, select "Change my account type" and select "Limited" on the next screen and "OK". Logout and then log back in. You are now running as a limited user. As my local computer admin, I will usually run as a limited user but know the admin password for when I need to do admin tasks.