Thread: How to remove Services.exe and reader_s.exe trojans

How to remove Services.exe and reader_s.exe trojans

Hey Guys!
    I have a very serious problem with my computer... My computer got infected with trojans and virus. I have symantec antivirus corporate edition at my office computer but still there the virus and trojan managed to infect the computer... Now i cleaned 786 malicious objects but these two doesn't go : services.exe and reader_s.exe. Can anyone help me? Please help..! Thanks

Re: How to remove Services.exe and reader_s.exe trojans

Hey There!
    Well reader_s.exe has been onto my nerves for a quite long time, but doesn't matter i got rid of it already... But services.exe is not a virus... I have a legit windows xp with sp3. I could see the file services.exe running in the task manager since the first boot and didn't encounter any problem...! I guess you need to format and clean install Windows XP. If you format only the first drive where windows is installed, it won't make any sense as that virus reader_s.exe come back from the first boot itself...! Install Windows XP from scratch... The best option...! All the best...!

Hey!
    Thanks for the reply... i guess i got the answer! I already formatted my computer several times in a week and this sticky stuff would come out again from nowhere...! Well i guess i need to get rid of every piece of data on the disk...! There's no issue regarding this thing as its an office computer and i don't have any important data here...! Thanks again...! Will post back if i found any trouble...! Thanks!

My computer is also affected by both of the malwares. Even I delete reader_s.exe from system folder it keeps appearing after reboot.
    When i boot up my computer and open the task manager then there are lots of (15 may be) services.exes . Moreover i see 5 or more cmd.exe more svchost.exe and even some *.tmp processes.

Can they be deleted after I deleted all of their values in the registry.
    please help.

now i dont think any antivirus can do any thing much for you thy to delete source of that process from dos then install antivirus update it and scan to remove it also use antimaleware byte..