Thread: Problem opening UDP port = 27888

Problem opening UDP port = 27888

I have a PC with sys WIN_XP_SP3, Avira antivir. I use my connection for the ADSL Modem / Router: 2Wire-2701HG-G. It's more than a week that I can not open UDP port 27888, so that I can connect to servers to play online.

I tried these methods:
    Disable Windows Firewall, open the port on my router ... etc // may be, I made mistakes!! But still, I have the same problem, then I have check the opening of the port on this website: ***

It shows my IP, and when try port: 27888 to verify, I have this message:
    Error: I could not see your service on 65.94.173.197 on port (27888)
    Reason: Connection timed out
    So my question:

Does any1 knows very well how to open this port on my public IP?
    Are there programs that can open the desired port?
    If any1 played on MAME 32k, would you tell me if you can connect to servers that are present?
    What do I do on my 2Wire Router?

Finally, thank you for helping me and the next.

Re: Problem opening UDP port = 27888

IP of the port is common for online games when desired is a simple box or a router.

What you should do:

1) move your PC with a fixed IP (right click on the icon for your connection in the task bar and TCP / IP

It is important that it opens doors to have a fixed IP history to be on our PC that will always have the same IP address.

Otherwise in case of IP address change in the rules for opening ports become false.

2) You must open and redirect the port in question in your router to complete the package of its port to the IP of the PC in question

(hence the importance of having a fixed IP)

for this in the interface of your router is looking for a section named:
    lan server or virtual server, or opening / forwarding port or something like that

where he asks the iP of departure, the IP output, or the port and it will talk about TCP / UDP

Thank you for your response,

I have research on virtual server and I've not found. And I want to tell you when I've done the same thing for open TCP / UDP ports for the program uTorrent, it functions well and when I've tested it on the site of the ports above, it indicates that it is open.

But, I found this page below that shows configuration of my router that I think it is here that I must play! But I did not find or do I enter the port numbers for example.

I think that is where it is written PUBLIC. But I do not know exactly what to do.

I could finally return to the servers of online games!! How?
    I did not touch my modem / router, because I've already specified before the name of the application and I have already given the port number.

I have Avira Premium Security Suite, for software protection <antivirus+firewall>, then I have disabled the firewall, I launched the program and I hoped I can connect and play an on server !

So my new question is:
    How can the firewall active, and play with the features of Avira to pass this program without problem ???