Thread: "Logon Domains" for wireless Network

"Logon Domains" for wireless Network

Hello,

We have a Netgear wireless router in our office which is encrypted, and i have personal laptop whenever I tried to connect to the internet it asked for the Name and key and also a "logon domain"?

But as far as i know we don't have any domains in our office. How do we resolve this issue.

Thank You.

Re: "Logon Domains" for wireless Network

Usually a domain is asked for when 802.1x (or WPA-Enterprise) is picked as the security choice.check the port compatibility for the outgoing network for your Laptop system.

What security type is it using?

Please follow the steps to establish the connection in win 7.

1. Right click the Network icon (icon is a computer with a globe) in the system tray and choose "Connect to a Network".
    2. Select the "osuwireless" network and click "Connect".
    3. Click "Enter/Select additional log on information". NOTE: If you have previously entered your wireless credentials on this computer, "Enter/Select additional log on information" will not appear.
    4. Enter your OSUWireless username and password, leaving the "Logon Domain" field blank and click OK.
    5. The window from step 3 will appear again. Click "Enter/Select additional log on information" again.
    6. Click OK to accept the server certificate.
    7. You should now be connected to OSUWireless and be given the option to save the connection and connect automatically when you are in range.

Thanks for your installation process but i have windows XP installed on my computer so if possible please provide me that installation process.

Apologize for not mentioning the OS details.

Hello shanbaag,

Check that you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    • Click on Start > Right click on My Computer > Go to Properties
    • You will also need the WPA2 hotfix from Microsoft (KB893357). You can download and install the WPA2 hotfix here.
    • After installing the WPA2 hotfix, double click on the wireless icon in your system tray (next to the clock on the lower right side of the screen)
    • If everything has installed correctly, you should now see brandeis_unet_secure as one of the wireless networks available:
    • Click "change the order of preferred networks" (on the left side of the wireless network connection window. Click the add button in the preferred networks section.
    • Enter brandeis_unet_secure in the Network Name (SSID) box (case matters!). Choose WPA2 from the Network Authentication drop down list. Note that if you don't see WPA2 as an option, either your wireless card does not support WPA2 or you do not have the most up-to-date driver installed. Leave data encryption set to AES.
    • Select the authentication tab and choose Protected EAP (PEAP) from the EAP Type drop down box, then hit OK.
    • Windows XP will now attempt to authenticate and will ask you to accept the certificate for radius1.brandeis.edu or radius.brandeis.edu. Click OK if and only if there are no errors reported.