Thread: No Wireless Signal Strength notification!

sad No Wireless Signal Strength notification!

Hi all

ok this is seriously doing my nut in now lol

my wireless signal strength indicator has dissapeared from my taskbar! i have tried everything to get it back

i.e right clicking, properties - systems icons - everything is ticked! i have the computer icon which when i hover over it it shows me the network im connected & signal strength but the green signal strength icon that used to sit nicely next to it in the taskbar has gone!

any ideas would be seriously appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

thanks in advanced. im on vista btw

Re: No Wireless Signal Strength notification!

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
    3. ncpa.cpl
    4. Right-click the network connection that has lost wireless connectivity. Or, right-click the network connection that prevents the computer from entering standby or hibernation. Then, click Properties.
    5. Click the General tab, and then click Configure.
    6. Click the Power Management tab, click to clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box, and then click OK.

Yogesh Guest

Please note:
    Thread moved from Software Development to Networking & Security.

Check first if the Wireless Adapter is indeed installed successfully.
    Try going to Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network Connection.

If its properly installed then you should have an Icon there which says Wireless Network Connections. If not then you need to reinstall the drivers for your wireless adapter.

but If you do have that Icon, Right click on it then properties. There should be a check box there that will allow it to show on your system tray.

The issue may occur if the wireless network adapter driver does not implement or does not support power management according to the Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS).

On my Dell computer with XP prof on it, I solved this by doing an uninstall/install of "Dell Wireless WLAN card utility". You can download this utility on dell site. The file name is R115321.EXE
    The strength signal icon likes on the one of Microsoft (right click on your connection icon > status) but the strength icon in the notification area seems to be a Dell one and NOT a Microsoft one.

I have spent a lot of time on this (too much ) and found no solution on the net even if other people have had the same problem. So I hope this will help everybody. Now the solution is on the net !!