Thread: TATA Indicom Telenet Tndsl 2120 Router And Huawei Sterlite MT841 Wireless (WIFI) Router Settings

TATA Indicom Telenet Tndsl 2120 Router And Huawei Sterlite MT841 Wireless (WIFI) Router Settings

Can anybody say me how to configure Huawei Sterlite MT841 Wireless Router with Tata Indicom

Connection?

I had BSNL Internet connection, BSNL gave me Huawei Sterlite MT841 Router which have Wireless

(WIFI) also. BSNL had lots of problems so I withdrew their connection and opted for TATA Indicom

Broadband. TATA Indicom Broadband gave me Telenet Tndsl 2120 Router. Now the problem is Telenet

Tndsl 2120 Router doesn't have Wireless (WIFI). Now i want to shift TATA connection into Huawei

Sterlite MT841 Router as it has WIFI. Now, I connected Huawei Sterlite MT841 Router with the TATA

connection (ADSL and Firewire), WIFI gets connected successfully too BUT no Internet connection

is happening, rite now i have reseted/formated/made it come to factory settings the Huawei

Sterlite MT841 Router. Now can you say me exactly what settings is to be configured in Huawei

Sterlite MT841 Router for the TATA connection?

I saw the below links :

Links Removed

http://www.calcuttatelephones.com/da...tall/mu07.html
    http://www.maharashtra.bsnl.co.in/ss...ik/MT841-A.htm

But as you can see they are for different routers and connections, not supporting the connection

and router I want (TATA Indicom Broadband and Huawei Sterlite MT841 Wireless Router)

I would want to see full configuration (WIFI) for Huawei Sterlite MT841 to get it working with

TATA Indicom Connection

For me WIFI is very very necessary

SO PLZ HHHHEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx !!
    Last edited by Afzal; 23-03-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: External Links Are Not Allowed

Re: TATA Indicom Telenet Tndsl 2120 Router And Huawei Sterlite MT841 Wireless (WIFI) Router Settings

How To: Set up your TATAIndicom Broadband on your Wireless Router.

I recently changed my broadband provider to TataIndicom Broadband (VSNL). Here is a brief of my configuration.
    • VSNL have provided me with a Billion ADSL Router Model 5200S. This is my DSL modem.
    • I have taken a business plan so have a static IP.

Since i have multiple computers at home and the 5200 S only has one socket, i needed to connect to all my devices through another router. I already had a Linksys Wireless Broadband router - WRT54G. VSNL engineers and technicians were not of much help as usual. They sighted one problem after another and did not connect my wireless router with the ADSL modem(router). That left me with not much options. I had to do it myself. A detailed Internet search did not yield any results. So i was on my own. Let cut the story and jump into the interesting part. Here is the step by step process that worked for me.

Step 1 - Connections

Ensure that Billion ADSL Router (ADSL-R) and Linksys Wireless Router (WRT) are connected and powered up. Connect the Lan cable between the ADSL-R and WRT.

Lights on WRT -
    1. Power should be green
    2. WLAN should be flickering green
    3. Internet should be green.

This will happen in the following are blinking on ADSL-R

1. PWR should be green
    2. SYS should be green
    3. LAN should be flickering/green
    4. ADSL should be flickering/green

Once you have ascertained this, you are good to go. Both these routers support web configuration. I am assuming that you have configured the WRT using the downloadable tool/CD and you can open the web admin console.

Step 2 - Configurations

• You can get the web admin console on the following IP on the routers

ADSL Router 192.168.1.254

WRT54g 192.168.1.1 ( I had changed it to 192.168.2.1 since my original BSNL connection had a clash with it)
      USER ID ( for BOTH) admin
      Password (for BOTH) admin

*]If you have enabled wireless radio, you should be able to ping the following and then open the respective admin sites side by side
    • ADSL - Router Administration Site - http://192.168.1.254
    • Wireless Router Administration Site - http://192.168.1.1
    • Lets first configure the ADSL Router to recognize your static IP
    • The Billion Admin site will provide two settings that we need to do on the router.

1. Internet Settings
    2. LAN settings

Internet Settings
    • Ensure that 'Static IP Address' is selected for ISP and '1483 Bridged IP LLC' is selected as the Encapsulation Mode. Then, as per the Technicians/VSNL's guidance fill up the following IPs.

Static IP Address: 0.0.0.0

IP Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0

Gateway : 0.0.0.0
      (Note: the zeros should be replaced with the values provided by VSNL)
    • Leave the rest of the stuff unchanged. Your internet settings are now complete.

LAN Settings
    This basically means that we are setting up a LAN using the ADSL - router. This is the backend configuration that enables your Wireless Router to connect to the ADSL Router.

Most of the settings are default. Except the following

1. DNS Relay - Change to 'Use User Discovered DNS Server Only'

2. Input the Primary and Secondary DNS values are provided by VSNL. ( the snapshot shows the Hyderabad DNS server)

IMP: Note the starting IP address of 192.168.1.100. This will be needed to configure the Wireless Router.

Now our ADSL configuration is complete.

Wireless Router Configuration:

For the Wireless router, the static IP is provided by the ADSL router. Since the Wireless Connects to the ADSL. ADSL connects to VSNL hub.

So, On your Wireless router, select Static IP and give any IP that is in the range as specified on the LAN settings on ADSL Router. Since i started with 192.168.1.100, i chose to have 192.168.1.101 as my IP for the Wireless Router. Subnet Mask and Gateway would be as per the ADSL Settings. ( Note that this is as per the LAN settings on ADSL router)

You can additionally add the DNS server entries as provided. Now your wireless configuration is complete. Computers can get Internet access through the Wireless Router.

Here is a summary of how we set this up.
    1. ADSL Router (Internet side) connects to the VSNL hub
    2. ADSL Router provides a Gateway for another router or computer to connect to and it can give away its own IP. ( LAN configuration)
    3. your Wireless Router connects to this LAN provided by the ADSL Router by specifying a static IP from the allowed range setting on ADSL router.
    4. Since your Wireless Router is also a router in its own right...you will have to enable a second LAN and WAN. WRT54G can connect various wireless connections and 4 WIRED Ethernet connections. To avoid confusion and IP clashes, i had set it up with its own Gateway.

So this is it. My little knowledge sharing session. Hope this will be useful to all. Now you are Ready for step 3

Step 3 - SURF AND ENJOY YOUR BROADBAND

source-http://iamraja.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1AD2A40186F460E!219.entry
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Re: TATA Indicom Telenet Tndsl 2120 Router And Huawei Sterlite MT841 Wireless (WIFI) Router Settings

Quote Originally Posted by newtech View Post
    How To: Set up your TATAIndicom Broadband on your Wireless Router.

I recently changed my broadband provider to TataIndicom Broadband (VSNL). Here is a brief of my configuration.
    • VSNL have provided me with a Billion ADSL Router Model 5200S. This is my DSL modem.
    • I have taken a business plan so have a static IP.

Since i have multiple computers at home and the 5200 S only has one socket, i needed to connect to all my devices through another router. I already had a Linksys Wireless Broadband router - WRT54G. VSNL engineers and technicians were not of much help as usual. They sighted one problem after another and did not connect my wireless router with the ADSL modem(router). That left me with not much options. I had to do it myself. A detailed Internet search did not yield any results. So i was on my own. Let cut the story and jump into the interesting part. Here is the step by step process that worked for me.

Step 1 - Connections

Ensure that Billion ADSL Router (ADSL-R) and Linksys Wireless Router (WRT) are connected and powered up. Connect the Lan cable between the ADSL-R and WRT.

Lights on WRT -
    1. Power should be green
    2. WLAN should be flickering green
    3. Internet should be green.

This will happen in the following are blinking on ADSL-R

1. PWR should be green
    2. SYS should be green
    3. LAN should be flickering/green
    4. ADSL should be flickering/green

Once you have ascertained this, you are good to go. Both these routers support web configuration. I am assuming that you have configured the WRT using the downloadable tool/CD and you can open the web admin console.

Step 2 - Configurations

• You can get the web admin console on the following IP on the routers

ADSL Router 192.168.1.254

WRT54g 192.168.1.1 ( I had changed it to 192.168.2.1 since my original BSNL connection had a clash with it)
      USER ID ( for BOTH) admin
      Password (for BOTH) admin

*]If you have enabled wireless radio, you should be able to ping the following and then open the respective admin sites side by side
    • ADSL - Router Administration Site - http://192.168.1.254
    • Wireless Router Administration Site - http://192.168.1.1
    • Lets first configure the ADSL Router to recognize your static IP
    • The Billion Admin site will provide two settings that we need to do on the router.

1. Internet Settings
    2. LAN settings

Internet Settings
    • Ensure that 'Static IP Address' is selected for ISP and '1483 Bridged IP LLC' is selected as the Encapsulation Mode. Then, as per the Technicians/VSNL's guidance fill up the following IPs.

• Leave the rest of the stuff unchanged. Your internet settings are now complete.

LAN Settings
    This basically means that we are setting up a LAN using the ADSL - router. This is the backend configuration that enables your Wireless Router to connect to the ADSL Router.

Most of the settings are default. Except the following

1. DNS Relay - Change to 'Use User Discovered DNS Server Only'

2. Input the Primary and Secondary DNS values are provided by VSNL. ( the snapshot shows the Hyderabad DNS server)

IMP: Note the starting IP address of 192.168.1.100. This will be needed to configure the Wireless Router.

Now our ADSL configuration is complete.

Wireless Router Configuration:

For the Wireless router, the static IP is provided by the ADSL router. Since the Wireless Connects to the ADSL. ADSL connects to VSNL hub.

So, On your Wireless router, select Static IP and give any IP that is in the range as specified on the LAN settings on ADSL Router. Since i started with 192.168.1.100, i chose to have 192.168.1.101 as my IP for the Wireless Router. Subnet Mask and Gateway would be as per the ADSL Settings. ( Note that this is as per the LAN settings on ADSL router)

You can additionally add the DNS server entries as provided. Now your wireless configuration is complete. Computers can get Internet access through the Wireless Router.

Here is a summary of how we set this up.
    1. ADSL Router (Internet side) connects to the VSNL hub
    2. ADSL Router provides a Gateway for another router or computer to connect to and it can give away its own IP. ( LAN configuration)
    3. your Wireless Router connects to this LAN provided by the ADSL Router by specifying a static IP from the allowed range setting on ADSL router.
    4. Since your Wireless Router is also a router in its own right...you will have to enable a second LAN and WAN. WRT54G can connect various wireless connections and 4 WIRED Ethernet connections. To avoid confusion and IP clashes, i had set it up with its own Gateway.

So this is it. My little knowledge sharing session. Hope this will be useful to all. Now you are Ready for step 3

Step 3 - SURF AND ENJOY YOUR BROADBAND

source-http://iamraja.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1AD2A40186F460E!219.entry
    Thanks for your reply but unfortunately these settings are very different and not appropriate with Huawei Sterlite MT841 Wireless Router

Can't it happen that you or the programmer just compress all these instructions and make a small software and send me? I think an expert programmer can make this