Thread: Wireless LAN / file sharing

Wireless LAN / file sharing

Hi

have just set up my wireless network in the house, consisting of a D-Link Xtreme N Gigabit Router DIR-655. But I can not really get no network between the computers to work. how to set this up correctly. Now everything is wireless, and want so that it is possible that there still can share files between computers.

anyone can help me here, what do I do?

I might be open to anything on the router or Kaspersky Internet Security which is on all computers?
    Blessings to you

Re: Wireless LAN / file sharing

On all PCs you need to turn off simple file sharing off.
    Right click on start / pathfinder / features / folder options / show / remove fly leg of the "use simple file sharing.
    Select a folder on the C drive and share it.

Then start / controlpanel / system / computer name / "shift" and make sure that all PCs have the same work group name. eg "martin1" and then the PC restarted.

Often, all PCs rebooted to the shared folders are visible on the network, sometimes has to go 5 minutes.).

Is it necessary to have my old server is activated, after we got wireless, I have that disabled it so that I can get rid of the icon in the bottom right corner. if I have kaspersky internet security, do I have firewall enabled on my router or is the subordinate?
    Blessings to you

I do not know kaspersky, but you usually have "only" need a network access at a time, so you simply turn the server off, but remember that it is turned off if you suddenly want to use the PC "with a friend."

Turn on firewall if possible. Then you protect your entire network from the outside world, but not over the wireless networks from neighbors.

ok, just curious when I do you for example and go into working, I can only see my computer, not some of the other 3 on the network.
    Blessings to you