Thread: Unable to detect Computer in Network

Unable to detect Computer in Network

I am facing a strange problem with windows 7 operating system. I thought of trying windows 7 Build 7057 x86 (32-bit) version and as i completed the setup, i was unable to get recognised my computer on network. My computer is not getting detected on the network.
    Please suggest some views regarding this issue

Your reply will be appreciated

Re: Unable to detect Computer in Network

Windows will never be able to support all NICs out there (or for that matter, all hardware) in the default install. The second Win7 goes RTM, some new NIC will be release that Win7 doesn't report...it isn't Win7's fault, or MS' fault - it's the fault of how our current hardware/software model works. It'd be nice if you could just put hardware in and have it work.

Check windows update for the driver - it might be on there

download the Vista drivers for that adapter. on another PC, place on a flash drive or CD, and then transfer them onto the Windows 7 PC. Then see if you can install said Vista drivers and see if they'll work.

Yeah I had the same problem and the fix (which has been mentioned) is pretty simple. 7 should recognize the Vista drivers for your NIC as it did in my situation. I ran into an additional problem because the installer for the NIC driver (provided from abit) saw that I was not running Vista and refused to install. I was able to get the actual driver files themselves elsewhere online, but you should also be able to run the installer in Vista compatibility mode and that should work as well - but I'm ocd with keeping my comp clean so one less installed program is a plus.

Using the hardwired NIC in the laptop to access Windows Update with the USB wireless device also plugged in would more than likely have landed him a driver. If he installed an XP or Vista driver to get it working (even the latest ones), he should still check Windows Update now for a potentially newer and more current driver.

I had one of those specific adapters he's got: my experience showed me it was a complete piece of shit because of the chipset, not a very popular one and most definitely not well supported. Even the draft-N support was effectively useless with a draft-N router I have for testing. Pretty disappointing device, even with those bogus antennas on it that are more for "show" than anything else.