Thread: Automatically receive latest security updates

Automatically receive latest security updates

Everytime, when I think of keeping my computer up-to-date, I have to check for Windows security updates manually... My question -

is there any way I can get these latest security updates automatically...?

Re: Automatically receive latest security updates

Automating updates is obviously a better option than updating manually, and here’s how you can do it:-

1. Go to System > Administration > Software Sources from your desktop.
    2. Enter your user account password to open the the Software Sources window. Now jump to the Updates tab.
    3. Under the Automatic updates section, change the option to “Install security updates without confirmation” from the previous “Only notify about available updates”.

Note -
    • This will install only the important security and system updates, and not the occasionally released “recommended” updates.
    • So make sure that you fire up Update Manager once in a while to get these additional updates as well.

Instead of checking for Windows updates manually, you can tell Windows XP to check automatically, download them, and even install them if you want.

In the Control Panel | Select Performance and Maintenance / System (or just System in the classic Control Panel view) | Select the Automatic Updates tab | Check the box labeled Keep my computer up to date | Choose to either download and notify, or download and install.

To keep your PC more secure and reliable, it is good idea to install new updates as soon as they are available.
    The easiest way to install updates is to use the Windows Update service and make sure automatic updating is turned on.

To turn on Automatic Updates in Windows XP (SP2)

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Automatic Updates.
    3. Choose Automatic (recommended).

NOTE: In Windows Vista, you can set Windows Update to automatically install both Important and Recommended updates. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically.
    If you choose not to turn on automatic updating, please make sure that you check for updates regularly.

Hi ,

give a /help /share a opensource to do same feature/develop[ in our own web applications to check up software updates scheduled.

Thanks
    Ravi

The easiest way to install updates is to use the Windows Update service and make sure automatic updating is turned on. If you choose not to turn on automatic updating, please make sure that you check for updates regularly. For more information, you can check out the following link.

The easiest way to install updates is to use the Windows Update service and make sure automatic updating is turned on. If you choose not to turn on automatic updating, please make sure that you check for updates regularly. For more information, you can check out the following link.

Hi Thanks for ur reply.

But I wanna same feature with a forced script to implement in our own applications/tools to develop.May be in Vbscript/perl etc.
    Help pls
    Thanks