Thread: How do i re-installed Lan drivers

idea How do i re-installed Lan drivers

Hello Everyone,

Can any one tell how do i re-install my Lan drivers? I would like to know where would i find my lan drivers and how do i download and re-install my Lan drivers? Does any one know how can i do so? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How do i re-installed Lan drivers

Actually before you attempt a BIOS reset, try reinstalling the LAN driver.

Go to your My Computer icon and do a single right click to display a drop down menu. Go to Properties, select the Hardware tab and hit the Device Manager button.

Go to Network Adapters and double left click the ethernet adapter and select uninstall. You want to uninstall the driver because if it's corrupted, a repair will only look for installed driver components and bypass those already installed (regardless if its corrupted or not). A fresh install of the driver is what you need to do.

Reboot the computer and let the BIOS detect the LAN adapter on your Mobo as new hardware. Follow the new hardware installation wizard. When it asks to load in the CD, load your ABIT CD and hit next. Don't wait for the CD to be read. Do this quickly because if the CD is read it will open up it's own install window. Let Windows do the install of that specific driver.

Once reinstalled reboot and check your device manager and see if you have any yellow punctuation marks. If the driver loaded up successfully you'll see the icon in the system tray (lower right next to the clock) with no red slash through it.

You must first install the CD/DVD driver so you can use the CD/DVD drive to install other drivers and software. If you have just reinstalled Windows, the drivers are installed with the operating system, so you do not need to perform the procedure included in this section. If, however, you are having difficulty getting the drive to work and have not installed a new operating system, then use the following procedure.

To reinstall CD/DVD drivers:

1) Insert the System Restoration CD in the CD/DVD drive, then start up the computer. The Gateway startup screen appears.

2) At the Gateway startup screen, press Esc . The Boot menu opens.

3) Press the down arrow key to select ATAPI CD-ROM Drive, then press Enter. The Gateway System Restoration CD Boot Menu opens.

4) Press the down arrow key to select Boot from CD-ROM, then press Enter . The Bootable CD Main Menu opens.

5) Select Install CD/DVD-ROM drivers and press Enter .

6) Press F1 to continue the installation, then highlight Install CD-ROM driver using Autoexec.bat and press Enter . When the driver reinstallation is finished, the Main Menu opens.

7) Select Exit program and press Enter . The drive is ready to use.

To reinstall device drivers:

1. Place Disc 1 of the System Restoration Kit into your CD/DVD drive. The System Restoration program starts. Go to Step 5.

- OR -

If the program does not start automatically, go to Step 2.

2. Click Start, then select Run. The Run dialog box opens.

3. In the Open text box, type D:\RUNMENU.EXE (where D is the drive letter of your CD/DVD drive).

4. Click OK. The System Restoration program starts.

5. Click the Install Hardware tab.

6. Select the device drivers to reinstall.

7. Click Install.

8. Follow any additional on-screen instructions.

Depending on the driver you are reinstalling, you may only need to restart your computer to complete the installation. However, if a setup wizard opens when you restart your computer, follow the on-screen instructions.