Thread: Fails to connect internet

angry Fails to connect internet

Hey Everyone,

Whenever i try to access my internet, it loses connection every after 10 to minutes. Then to work again i have to restart my system. But even after restarting the system the same problem occurs again and again. My system is connected with wireless router through a cable modem. Is the problem with my router or is the problem something else? Can any one help me out to resolve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Fails to connect internet

My first suggestion is to ask Windows what's wrong. Open Start, Control Panel, Network Connections, Wireless Network Connection. Right-click to bring up the context menu, then enter "Repair." When hit the Ok button, the repair wizard will give you detailed information about where the problem is all about.

You can uninstall the firewall program by going to Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Once you find it, highlight it and click Remove to take it off your system.

Note: Your firewall may have come with your antivirus software, so make sure you select only to have the firewall removed and not the whole package).

I believe some ISP's disconnect idle users after some period of inactivity. Try to check your Power management for your network card. Just right click on your "my computer" and select "properties". Click the "hardware" tab and press the "device manager" button. Go to the "network adapters" section and go to the properties section for your network card (right click & properties).

Now select the "power management" tab and uncheck the option that says "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Hope so this may resolve your issue.