Thread: Computer running slow as well as freez up

angry Computer running slow as well as freez up

Hey Guys

Its really frustrating for me. Whenever i try to work on my pc it runs really slow as well as it get freezes in the middle while working or checking out websites. I have installed antivirus software on my system but i don't understand the exact problem. Can any one help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Computer running slow as well as freez up

Most PC users let problems linger. The thought of dealing with computer issues freezes most people up! How much of this describes how you handle your PC problems:

• Your computer repeatedly crashes or freezes and panic sets in - but all you know to do is restart and restart again
    • Those frustrating error messages keep showing up - and you just keep hoping they go away.
    • It takes a lot longer than it used to for programs to load - you've tried reloading the software but nothing changes
    • You have problems losing files. Now the rage is setting in. Look out below!
    • Worse yet - You get the greatly feared "Blue Screen of Death." It's too late. Might as well send your PC to that computer junk pile in the sky.

Some of the other reasons that your computer may be experiencing slow freezing issues is because you are constantly downloading music and movies and you leave them on your computer. Unfortunately even though we all love to download movies and music so that we can spend hours of enjoyment online; these two things can cause a computer to slow down quite a bit.

Unfortunately even after we have tried everything mentioned above we may not notice any differences in the way that our computer functions. Even though this is rare; since most of the time performing these steps will cause a computer to get up and running faster than it has in a while. However it just depends on what you have been doing online. Well it could be that while you were browsing online that you may have picked up a virus that could have infected your system.

There are a several reasons why your computer is freezing/slow. First question is when the last time you cleaned your registry. Having a corrupted registry can cause a whole host of errors and problems. Freezing up is one of them. If you have a lot of unnecessary registry keys that are hogging up your computer resources. Your computer is bound to choke.

1) Scan your registry with a good registry cleaner. If you pull up more than 20 errors or duplication, clean your registry.

2. Depending on your RAM specs and your computer usage. This could also be the issue. Having an insufficient amount of free space does not allow your RAM to function properly. If you are using a lot of RAM by net surfing or other activities without enough empty space your will get freezes. You don't need to buy new RAM but you should increase your free space by removing unnecessary data and perhaps increasing your virtual memory. The below link will show you how.

3. Spyware could be the culprit, so do a scan and see if your computer is infected.

4. That last area is a hardware driver. This could be the problem if new hardware has been added to the system. So, the drivers should still be up to date. So try the first two suggestions and see if you can get your computer to stop freezing/speed up. Check your drivers.

There are a several reasons why your computer is freezing/slow. First question is when the last time you cleaned your registry. Having a corrupted registry can cause a whole host of errors and problems. Freezing up is one of them. If you have a lot of unnecessary registry keys that are hogging up your computer resources. Your computer is bound to choke.

1) Scan your registry with a good registry cleaner. If you pull up more than 20 errors or duplication, clean your registry.

2. Depending on your RAM specs and your computer usage. This could also be the issue. Having an insufficient amount of free space does not allow your RAM to function properly. If you are using a lot of RAM by net surfing or other activities without enough empty space your will get freezes. You don't need to buy new RAM but you should increase your free space by removing unnecessary data and perhaps increasing your virtual memory. The below link will show you how.

3. Spyware could be the culprit, so do a scan and see if your computer is infected.

4. That last area is a hardware driver. This could be the problem if new hardware has been added to the system. So, the drivers should still be up to date. So try the first two suggestions and see if you can get your computer to stop freezing/speed up. Check your drivers.