Thread: searchfilterhost.exe accessing internet

searchfilterhost.exe accessing internet

I have some information on the process and especially a searchfilterhost.exe what happens because I download the latest version of windows live messenger windows live mail ... etc and some minutes later ( zonealarm) I request permission to access the internet to process, but after a search on google I find it looks rather "dangerous"

Re: indexing files accessing internet

Hello,

Searchfilterhost.exe process server or filter search Microsoft Windows is the operating software of Microsoft Windows software by Microsoft Corporation .

Description: searchfilterhost.exe is located in the folder C: \ Windows \ System32. Volumes known file on Windows XP are 70144 bytes (65% of all occurrence), 76288 bytes, 76800 bytes, 70656 bytes.
    The program has no windows clear. Searchfilterhost.exe The file is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. searchfilterhost.exe is not a kernel of Windows. Therefore the technical security estimate is 16% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Re: indexing files accessing internet

If SearchFIlterHost.exe is started in its own sandbox that should be enough to prevent it from hijacking another process to communicate to the outside world. In short, it shouldn't be doing it under any circumstances.

A sandbox is a sandbox it is not a device to hijack another running process which is what it does when it hijacks Firefox. Nor do understand what codec validation is for on, say jpeg files as the codec was loaded by Vista Ultimate on install.

I must admit, though, that I was wondering why setting a rating on a file in Windows Explorer took so long and was pretty much instantaneous in Adobe Bridge.

Oh well it's blocked now..permanently and will be turned off shortly. And yes, this call home feature is immoral and unwelcome, particuarly as it's undocumented anywhere.