Thread: Wireless ICS not able to work with Vista/XP host

Wireless ICS not able to work with Vista/XP host

A Vista enabled desktop which is connected to my wireless ICS host PC running XP is not able to connect with XP in peer-to-peer using WPA, I have to use WEP.
    When I had the setting of static IPv4 address (KB309642) for it to connect to the internet.then it was possible to connect those both the PC's.

And as all knows that Vista does not allow the automatic connection to the other PC's.

Re: Wireless ICS not able to work with Vista/XP host

Hi,

I've got wireless network at home. My notebook has Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wireless card and drivers installed by Windows. IP address is obtained automatically, and connection is configured (manually): Security type: Shared
    Encryption: WEP.

In addition checked 'Connect automatically when this network is in range' and 'Connect even if the network is not broadcasting' - everything works great.

Re: Wireless ICS not able to work with Vista/XP host

In the instance that you have multiple computers, with Vista as the host, here is what I did to share wireless internet through a router to the rest of my computers with LAN.

First step.
    Go into your "Manage Network Connections" Folder from Network and Sharing Center.
    Make sure your wireless connection is not set to share at this time.

Second Step.
    Highlight both, your LAN connection, and your Wireless internet, and create a bridge (Right click with them both highlighted, and click Create Network Bridge.)

Third Step.
    Go into your Properties for the Network Bridge, and Unclick the Wireless connection from the list at the top of the menu. (Also, make sure your IP4 IP adress is set to 192.168.0.1)
    Apply these settings and wait for Windows to Move the wireless connection out of the bridge.

Last Step.
    When it is done moving, go into your wireless properties, and share the internet connection.
    When this is done, make sure all of your other computers have thier IP4 IP address set to automatic.

When this is all done, you should be able to surf the internet with all of your XP Computers with Vista as the Host.