Thread: What is mskagent.exe?

unsure What is mskagent.exe?

Hello Friends

I would like to know that what is mskagent.exe? Is it some kind of virus? I have it on my system and every time it comes back whenever i reboot my pc. Can any one help me out and provide me some solution to get rid of this issue? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: What is mskagent.exe?

MskAgent.exe is a program file which is normally associated with the Mcafee antivirus package. The exact disk location is also shown below to verfiy it is not spyware, as many spyware programs use similiar names and just locate them elsewhere on your hard drive. Always check the proper disk location of your programs if you are suspicious. This program's main purpose is to block spam email from reaching your inbox. This spam blocking software is part of the Mcafee anti-virus package and it scans your email for spam and helps keep it clean. This program is considered safe and is not spyware or adware.

The process mskagent.exe is an executable program file that is usually associated with the McAfee antivirus package. This program file is also known as the McAfee Spamkiller Agent Interface module or the McAfee Spamkiller Mskagent Application and is part of the software McAfee Spamkiller by McAfee Inc.

The file mskagent.exe main purpose is to block spam email from reaching the inbox of your computer and to protect your inbox from viruses associated with junk emails.

Often this phenomenon is caused by problems in the registry that accrue over time. Installing and uninstalling programs leave behind fragments — stray files, orphaned startup tasks, corrupted drivers. Over time the registry starts to get bogged down and conflicts emerge. Left unchecked, your system will become increasingly unstable, run more slowly and crash more frequently.

RegistryBooster is the easy answer to registry problems. It conducts deep scans of your registry to check for errors and conflicts, then repairs and optimizes the registry to peak performance and stability. Periodic scans will keep your registry "clean" and will greatly enhance your system’s performance and stability. You’ll see immediate increases in speed and decreases in system conflicts.