Thread: How to Eradicate trojan.Brisv.A! Inf ?

How to Eradicate trojan.Brisv.A! Inf ?

Hello, how to Eradicate the Virus Trojan.Brisv.A! inf in my computer ? Because at the site of I did find not anything Related to it Norton Antivirus I do not understand How can i remove it and please can you give me some more info about and also .it might be residing in my multimedia files and tell me how to remove it manually on any other easy method Thanks in advance

Re: How to Eradicate trojan.Brisv.A! Inf ?

Get Avast download and install; at the end of the installation, you'll be asked if you want to do a boot-scan. Select Yes. This will restart your PC, and Avast will scan your system *before* Windows loads, thus being able to delete files that are started as services.

Trojan.Brisv.A!inf was Discovered: July 18, 2008,Updated: July 18, 2008 11:41:13 PM Type: Trojan Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows XP Trojan.Brisv.A!inf is a detection for the multimedia files infected with Trojan.Brisv.A. remove Trojan.Brisv.A!inf need to disable System Restore

Symantec researchers detected an increase in infections this week from Trojan.Brisv.A, a Trojan horse that infects multimedia files.

This trojan searches for multimedia files with extensions .asf, .mp2, .mp3, .wma and .wmv, which it then infects. When opened in Windows Media Player, the infected files will cause the program to access a malicious link on the Internet, which may result in even more malware being downloaded. Symantec is estimating that between 200,000 to 1.6 million people are impacted by Trojan.Brisv.A.

Cybercriminals are now leveraging consumers' everyday online activities and behaviour, such as downloading, watching and interacting with online content, to launch their malicious attacks. Users must not let their guard down and keep security best practices in mind, even when downloading music files and media players.

Consumers are likely downloading multimedia files from miscellaneous Web and P2P sites, which is risky behaviour. Just as computer users are vigilant when downloading files and executables from websites, they should be equally vigilant in exercising caution in where they obtain media files.

Symantec recommends downloading and running the Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Removal Tool to disinfect media files affected by Trojan.Brisv.A. In addition, consumers should use a good security suite and make sure it’s up to date

Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Summary
    Virus Name:Trojan.Brisv.A!inf
    Detected By:BitDefender antivirus program
    Virus Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Detected times:232381times
    Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Overall Risk:Medium 732382
    Trojan.Brisv.A!inf file size:3623820 bytes Trojan.Brisv.A!infwas first Detected by BitDefender on Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 , 6:02 am,Trojan.Brisv.A!inf is a new threats of Hacking,Malware,Spam,worm.

Remove Trojan.Brisv.A!inf instruction:
    1. Temporarily Disable System Restore;
    2. Reboot computer in SafeMode;
    3. delte Trojan.Brisv.A!inf virus files and kill Trojan.Brisv.A!inf file task process(if have);
    4. Delete/Modify any values added to the registry by Trojan.Brisv.A!inf ;
    5. delete IE temp files,restart the computer and run a whole scan with BitDefender.

Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Removal Tool description
    Utility that will help you remove the infections of Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Removal Tool is a small and easy to use utility designed to remove the infections of Trojan.Brisv.A!inf from a computer.

Usage:
    • Download the FixBrisvA.exe file
    • Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
    • Close all the running programs.
    • If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
    • If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore.
    • Locate the file that you just downloaded.
    • Double-click the FixBrisvA.exe file to start the removal tool.
    • Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
      NOTE: If you have any problems when you run the tool, or it does nor appear to remove the threat, restart the computer in Safe mode and run the tool again.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.

If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
    If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.

Requirements:
    ยท You must have administrative rights to run this tool on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP

Download trojan Brisv.a inf removal tools

Trojan.Brisv.A!inf may affect media files as it attempt to embed itself into them. That, if the process of accession of Trojan.Brisv.A!inf has been completed successfully, should increase the size of infected media files by 1.138 kb. If the file has not accepted the embedding copy of Trojan.Brisv.A!inf, it usually goes out of order and cannot be read any more. Trojan.Brisv.A!inf may by chance destroy files other than media if it identifies them as media files and tries to apply the same procedure of embedding itself. Media files infected with Trojan.Brisv.A!inf may go out of order if played with players of developers other than Microsoft. If you see that Windows Media Player downloads strange websites and files are becoming unreadable, you may need to remove Trojan.Brisv.A!inf.

Step 1 : Use Windows File Search Tool to Find Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Path
    Go to Start > Search > All Files or Folders.
    In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in "Trojan.Brisv.A!inf" file name(s).
    To get better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.
    When Windows finishes your search, hover over the "In Folder" of "Trojan.Brisv.A!inf", highlight the file and copy/paste the path into the address bar. Save the file's path on your clipboard because you'll need the file path to delete Trojan.Brisv.A!inf in the following manual removal steps.

Step 2 : Use Registry Editor to Remove Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Registry Values
    To open the Registry Editor, go to Start > Run > type regedit and then press the "OK" button.
    Locate and delete the entry or entries whose data value (in the rightmost column) is the spyware file(s) detected earlier.
    To delete "Trojan.Brisv.A!inf" value, right-click on it and select the "Delete" option.
    Locate and delete "Trojan.Brisv.A!inf" registry entries:

Follow these steps to download and run the tool:
    1. Download the FixBrisvA.exe file from: http://www.symantec.com/content/en/u.../FixBrisvA.exe.
    2. Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
    3. Optional: To check the authenticity of the digital signature, refer to the "Digital signature" section later in this writeup.

Note: If you are sure that you are downloading this tool from the Security Response Web site, you can skip this step. If you are not sure, or are a network administrator and need to authenticate the files before deployment, follow the steps in the "Digital signature" section before proceeding with step 4

4. If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
    5. If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore. For instructions on how to turn off System Restore, read your Windows documentation, or one of the following articles:
    6. Restart the computer in Safe mode.
    7. Locate the file that you just downloaded.
    8. Double-click the FixBrisvA.exe file to start the removal tool.
    9. Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
    10. Restart the computer in Normal mode.
    11. Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you are using the most current virus definitions.
    12. Run a full scan with your Symantec security product to ensure that the system is clean.
    13. If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
    14. If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.