Thread: How can i do ipconfig

unsure How can i do ipconfig

Hey Guys,

I would like to know that how can i perform ipconfig? I have install Windows Xp and my computer is connected through a router and a modem. My router is of defective one, so in order to isolate that one i re-setted my modem. I did an ip release it is working fine but when i renew it, it's not giving me anything? Should i perform winsock? Or should i reset interface log.txt? Can any one help me how can i do this?

Thank you.

Re: How can i do ipconfig

If you want to display your IP address you can do it a couple of different ways...

* Click on Start -> Run -> type in "cmd" without the quotes in the box and press Enter.This will open a box. then type "ipconfig" (again without the quotes) and press enter.This will display your ip configuration.

OR another way to see it, is to click on Start-> Settings -> Network Connections then click on your network connection name (local area connection is the most common) Only click it one time and then on the left hand side click on View Status Of This Connection. Then click on the Support tab. This will display your Ip Address. If you need to repair it, then click the repair button.

If you get absolutely no response when you type ipconfig /renew, then it seems to be that lac is enabled. Go to your Start menu--> In that Control panel--> Select Network Connections and then right click on Lac. If you get enable option, select it and then try your internet again.

WinSock XP Fix offers a last resort if your Internet connectivity has been corrupted due to invalid or removed registry entries. It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings. If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software, Adware or after registry clean-up, and all other ways fail, then give WinSock XP Fix a try. It can create a registry backup of your current settings, so it is fairly safe to use. We actually tested it on a test machine that was having a Winsock problem due to some Adware removal, and after running the utility and rebooting, the connectivity was restored.

In Device Manager, when you click Show Hidden Devices, the TCP/IP Protocol Driver is listed as disabled under Non-Plug and Play drivers, and you receive error message.These issues may occur if the Winsock registry keys are damaged or corrupted.

* Manual steps to determine whether the Winsock2 key is corrupted for Windows XP users.To determine if the symptoms are caused by a problem with the Winsock2 key,use one of the following methods.

Use the Netdiag tool
    To use the Netdiag tool, you must install the Microsoft Windows XP Support Tools. To do so, follow these steps.

Notes

* If you already have Support Tools installed, go to the second procedure in this section.

* If you do not have Support Tools installed and you do not have the Windows XP Setup CD, go to Method 2.

1. Insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and then locate the Support\Tools folder.

2. Double-click the Setup.exe file.

3. Follow the steps on the screen until you reach the Select An Installation Type screen.

4. On the Select An Installation Type screen, click Complete, and then click Next.

When the installation is complete, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Run, type Command, and then click OK.

2. Type netdiag /test:winsock, and then press ENTER.

The Netdiag tool will return the test results for several network components, including the Winsock. For more details about the test, use /v at the end of the netdiag command: netdiag /test:winsock /v